Thursday, August 23, 2007

I used to be sad, now I'm just bored with you.

My boyfriend has not had a phone since August 13 (he took a swim with his in his pocket). Him being him, he has yet to replace it.

This was livable for the past week-and-a-half since he at least had his work phone during the day--though I have to say I did find it extremely irritating that I couldn't get in touch with him in the evening if I wanted to.

However, yesterday was his last day at his job. I currently have no way of getting in touch with him. He has no home phone, no internet access, and nowhere to be during the day. So our communication is currently reduced to the off chance that I am available to pick up the phone on the off chance that he summons up the desire and energy to find a phone and call me. Oh, and he would also have to remember to have my phone number on him, because who actually knows anyone's phone number these days?

This situation bothers me. And what's more, it seems to bother him that it bothers me. Apparently, I should be fine with the prospect of completely one-way communication that is dependent upon him to take action (not his strong suit) and me to simply wait passively for him to do so (not mine).

Sounds like some twisted game of power and control to me.

Am I a complete fucktard for putting up with this?

6 Comments:

Blogger e.e. said...

Even tho I hate playing games, I think you should give him a taste of his own medicine. See how he likes it when you are suddenly unavailable or not near a phone.
Eh, even better, back off a little and spend time on you (JUST you) --go running, etc., and trust me, you'll feel better.
It is what it is, eh?
Hugs,
e.e.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, you're not a fucktard. It is strange ad there's no reason for you to accept that, considering the fact that you guys have been together well over a year now.

So yeah, I think you're in the right. I just have no idea how you should handle the situation.

12:52 PM  
Blogger raven said...

I agree with both. Though if you want to be really funny. You should start writing him postcards. Seriously. You work right near a bunch of places where you can get 5 postcards for a $1 or something. Every time you have the urge to call. Write him a postcard with the message and mail it. I figure you'll be sending him at least 5 a day. For the $10 investment. It would be freaking hysterical. Or maybe I'm the only one who would find it funny. Heck I have half a book of postcard stamps I'd give you.

But seriously... stop making this a test of him caring about you or something. Sounds like he just didn't do it, but now that you're annoyed about it he's digging in his heals. And so you're being more pushy about it. Classic relationship stalemate.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Grouchbutt said...

I find this kind of attention-demanding power play to be juvenile and tiresome. If I were you, I'd ignore him. When he realizes you're not playing this game with him, maybe he'll grow up and buy a damn phone already.

5:05 PM  
Blogger e.e. said...

>>>>>>>>HUG<<<<<<<

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home